It’s been a busy summer and I have not been home to post any of the recipes I had intended to publish in June. However, summer is not over yet and strawberries are still in season so I want to share this quick and easy recipe for Strawberries Romanoff. The first time I ate this dessert was over 35 years ago on a date with my now husband. I loved it and have created a version that is lower in fat by using Greek yogurt. The original recipe was made with sour cream. If you prefer a full-fat version substitute sour cream for the Greek yogurt but I prefer this one!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp brandy or vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar or Splenda
- 4 cups halved strawberries
- Combine Greek Yogurt, brown sugar and brandy in a bowl.
- Stir mixture until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until is starts to thicken. Add sugar and whip until thick. Note: cream whips best if bowl has been chilled in the refrigerator.
- Fold yogurt mixture into the whipped cream and combine well.
- Place 1/2 cup strawberries into serving dish. Top with cream mixture.