This is a non-creamy dressing that is delicious on a Caesar Salad. It is light and refreshing and pairs great with crisp romaine lettuce. And, what’s more, it is made without raw eggs or anchovies
One of my family’s favorite kinds of salads is a Caesar salad however that has not always been the case. The first time I made a Caesar salad, I used a creamy dressing and they did not eat it because they do not like creamy dressings. They also do not like anchovies which are traditionally in Caesar dressings. Therefore, I created this dressing for them which is more like a vinaigrette. One other bonus is that it does not contain raw eggs which are often used in Caesar dressings. It is now on our rotation of weekly salads. Try it and let me know how you like it!
Ingredients for Caesar Dressing
Only a few ingredients are needed to make this dressing.
- Lemon juice- Be sure to use juice from fresh lemons. I feel that bottled lemon juice has an off-flavor therefore I prefer squeezing juice from fresh lemons. It not hard to squeeze juice from a fresh lemon especially if you have the right tools. It is easily done by using one of the following tools: lemon squeezer or wooden citrus reamer.
- Oil- I prefer using olive oil in the dressing. However, a non-flavored oil like canola oil or vegetable oil works well.
- Dijon mustard- This mustard adds flavor and works as an emulsifier. Do not use a different style of mustard.
- Parmesan cheese– I recommend grating fresh parmesan cheese. Costco was out of the Parmesan wedges I normally buy so I purchased the Kirkland brand pre-grated cheese and it worked well.
- Garlic cloves– Fresh garlic is best in this recipe. If you are out of fresh garlic you can use 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- Kosher salt– This recipe calls for Kosher salt. If you use fine-grained table salt, use 1/2 tsp salt.
- Coarse ground pepper– If you use a fine-grained pepper, use 1/8 teaspoon.
How to make Caesar Dressing
Using a garlic press, crush garlic.
- Combine mustard, vinegar, crushed garlic, and Parmesan cheese in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Whisk to combine dressing.
- Whisk in oil.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk to combine ingredients.
Serve dressing on salad greens!
To make a meal out of this salad, add a grilled chicken breast or oven baked salmon. If you prefer a meal without meat, add a handful of cooked chickpeas! It is also delicious with a cut up hard boiled egg and diced avocado. The options are endless!
Store dressing covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
I hope you try this recipe! Give it a rating and please comment below. I love hearing from you!Print
Vinaigrette style Caesar dressing that is made without raw egg and anchovies. Perfect dish for roasted or grilled meats such as chicken or beef.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (1 tsp crushed)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- Crush garlic with a garlic press or mince finely with a chef’s knife.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl, add crushed garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and Parmesan cheese. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Whisk in olive oil until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
- Fresh lemon juice is best for this recipe.
- It is important to use Dijon mustard and not any other type of mustard.
- If possible, use fresh parmesan cheese.
Keywords: Caesar salad, salads, dressing, vinaigrette
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.