Roasted carrots and parsnips are an easy and tasty side dish. You can add various seasonings, but I like them best with just a little bit of salt and pepper. This is a great side dish with any meat dish, chicken, beef, pork and even with fish.
Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, washed. Ends cut and removed about 5 large carrots
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled. Ends cut and removed about 3 medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line sheet 1/2 size (18 " x 13") sheet pan with parchment paper, silicone baking mat or pan release.
- Slice carrots and parsnips into 1-inch thick diagonal slices. Place the carrots and parsnips on the sheet pan.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
- Place sheet pan in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes. Halfway through baking toss vegetables. Vegetable should be tender. If you prefer them to be softer, bake 5-10 minutes longer.