Easy Roasted Spaghetti Squash that you can serve on its own, but it is especially good with the turkey spaghetti meat sauce posted on the blog.
- 1 each Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tsp olive or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the outside skin of the squash.
- Cook the squash in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Cut the squash in half with a sharp chef’s knife. If it is too difficult to cut, cook it in the microwave for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the seeds and membrane from the squash using a metal spoon.
- Brush the flesh of the squash with the oil.
- Spray a sheet pan with pan release or brush with oil. Place the squash, flesh side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake squash at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes. When you pierce the outside skin with a knife the inside flesh should be soft.
- Let squash cool slightly.
- Using a fork, rack the fork through the flesh of the squash creating strands like spaghetti.
- Place cooked squash into a bowl and season with salt.
If you are trying to eat more vegetables, cut calories from your diet, or eat fewer carbohydrates, spaghetti squash makes a delicious substitution for spaghetti noodles.