Tangy and moist potato salad. A perfect side dish for summer picnics and BBQ’s
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 9 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules such as Knorr (Alternative: 2/3 cup beef broth)
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Maggie Seasoning
- 2 tbsp chives, sliced
- Thoroughly wash potatoes with a vegetable brush to remove any residual dirt.
- Place potatoes in a large cooking pot and add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring water to boil and cook potatoes until they are just fork tender about 20-30 minutes.
- Drain water from the potatoes and let them cool 5-10 minutes or until you can hold them comfortable in your hands without burning your fingers.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4″ slices and place in a large bowl.
- Place beef bouillon granules In a microwave safe dish or measuring cup. Add 2/3 cup hot water. Place container in the microwave and heat water until boiling. Take container out of the microwave and stir until the granules dissolve.
- Pour the liquid over the potatoes.
- Add the diced onions and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and Maggie Seasoning. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour over the potatoes and combine dressing with the potatoes and onions.
- Add chives and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate potato salad for 2-3 hours for the flavors to meld together.