German Cucumber Salad perfect for a potluck picnic
- 2 cloves garlic (1 tsp pressed garlic)
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp light olive or canola oil
- 1 tsp fresh dill (dry will work but it is not as flavorful)
- 1 English Cucumber about 10” in length
- Place pressed garlic in a small bowl
- Add the vinegar to the bowl
- Add the sugar to the bowl
- Add the salt and pepper to the bowl
- Add the oil and the dill to the bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients with a spoon or small whisk.
- Slice the cucumber with a mandoline. You can also use a box grater or cut the cucumber into 1/8″ slices with a sharp knife.
- Cucumbers should be very thin
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a bowl. Add the dressing to the salad and toss
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: cucumber, salad, healthy