Fresh berries and Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of toasted almonds and drizzle of honey.
- 4 each strawberries, fresh quartered
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp almonds, toasted (a total of 1/2 cup for toasting and use at a later time)
- 1 tsp honey
- Place 1/2 cup almonds in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Stir with a spoon until they turn a light brown. Watch them carefully because once they start browning they can burn easily. Remove from heat and let cool.
- I like to store the extra almonds in a small mason jar.
Assemble Yogurt Parfait
- Rinse strawberries under running water. Remove green stems.
- Quarter strawberries and place in a serving bowl.
- Rinse blueberries under running water. Remove stems.
- Place blueberries on top of the strawberries.
- Measure yogurt and spoon on top of the blueberries.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of the yogurt.
- Drizzle parfaits with honey.
I like to make these ahead of time so that they are ready to go in the morning. In that way, I can get a little extra sleep. They will store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Keywords: #Berry, #yogurt parfait