Crisp apples, sweet dried cranberries, and parmesan cheese make a tasty combination for this fall salad. The delicious apple cider vinaigrette is a perfect match to round out the salad.
- 4 cups Spring Mix lettuce (washed and spun dry with salad spinner)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple, diced (I like to use Gala, Jonagold, Fuji or Honey Crisp apples)
- 1/2 cup cup grated parmesan cheese
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (light virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1–2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (coarse grain)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Grate the parmesan cheese on a box grater and add it to the salad
- Remove the core from apples, slice them and cut them into chunks. Add to the salad greens.
- Combine salad greens and cranberries.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Instructions
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar. Put lid on the jar and shake until well combined.
- Use fresh apples. Frozen or canned apple slices would not work well
- Canola oil or any other mild-flavored oil can be substituted for olive oil.
- Use a box grater to grate the Parmesan cheese because it will result in coarser grated cheese which works best with the salad.
- Use a coarse grain salt. If you use fine grain, decrease the amount you use to 1/4 teaspoon.
- I like to use Bragg ® Organic Raw-Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and toss with the salad ingredients. If additional vinaigrette is needed, add it 1 tablespoon at a time.